Upper Elementary - 4th, 5th and 6th Grades:
Daily Class Time:
8:30 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
This program is designed to provide the lessons and activities necessary for 4th - 6th grade students to complete their elementary experience, since Upper Elementary is merely an extension and culmination of Lower Elementary. The teachers and students explore concepts more deeply, and the children engage in more independent studies.
Upper Elementary Curriculum:
- Traditional Courses
- Cosmic Education
- Physical Education (P.E.)
- Foreign language
Upper Elementary Goals:
- Academic excellence
- Independence with responsibility
- Joyful learners
- Ambassadors of peace
- Independent problem solvers
- Creative thinkers
- Responsible citizens
- Knowledge of self
Upper Elementary Class Schedule:
8:15 - 8:30 - Carpool Drop-Off/Arrival
8:30 - 8:45 - Outside Time
8:45 - 9:00 - Morning Meeting
9:00 - 12:00 - Morning Work Period
12:00 - 12:30 - Lunch
12:30 - 12:45 - Daily Reflection
12:45 - 1:15 - Outside Time
1:15 - 3:00 - Afternoon Work Period and Enrichment Classes
3:00 - 3:15 - Dismissal/Carpool Pick-Up
Lower and Upper Elementary students participate in a fall retreat to either Camp Don Lee or St. Christopher Camp and Conference Center/Barrier Island.
The program goals are:
- To introduce students, teachers and chaperones to various ecological concepts such as habitats, adaptations, variety, similarity, behavior, communities, conservation, etc.
- To help children overcome fears associated with the outdoors by teaching them how to better understand nature and to recognize that we are a part of it.
- To spark students' interest in science through the use of hands-on, experiential learning.